THE MOTHER OF ALL TEXAS MEDICINES!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

earlyglass

Reaction score
Not to take anything away from the topic... but I really love the "state" embossed bottles. Here is one of my favorites, demijohn form, embossed "Old Virginia Peach Brandy"... another bottle that I would have never thought existed until I got it in my hands!

884E501473C649168F089377A78E6D19.jpg

Attachments

• 884E501473C649168F089377A78E6D19.jpg
    884E501473C649168F089377A78E6D19.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 75

texasdigger

Reaction score
If it is local and old I LOVE IT! I want to see the RObertson's tonic Bitter's from Austin soooo badly. Iron pontil, amber, bitters and local to me. Just a killer bottle. I am not sure what one of those would bring, but I am sure it would be astounding. I still have not found anyone who has ever even seen a pic of one.

Earlyglass I have to say you have one of the finest collections of bottles I have ever seen. When I first got into bottles pontiled stuff was what I wanted to collect, but you just can't dig it where I live.

I wish I knew a knowledgeable privy digger to teach me the ropes. I have access to home built in 1846, but just cannt seem to locate the privies. The current owner dug a Dramgoole's English Female Bitters out of his flower bead so I know bottles are there. IT is just a matter of where.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
[:D] seller raised the price to 10K... who knows there might still be a a few crazy Texas oil millionaires left...very nice bottle but doesnt really compare to the New England colored pontil marked meds.

texasdigger

Reaction score
In beauty no it does not compare, but in historical value it exceeds a lot of the bottles out there. It is the only bottle known embossed with R.O.T., and just the rarity. If this sucker was olive or amber it would be more desirable to some. As for Texas millionaires the biggest player in recent bitters aquisitions is from Texas. He bought the Bryants and the blue fish. It would not surprise me to see him purchase it.

At least I finally got a great screen saver!

Brad

sandchip

Reaction score
A guy from Louisiana (I think) had one on his table at the national in Louisville a few years back. Just on display though, but he did let me hold it. Helluva bottle. Love those Southern pontils. And Northern. Heck, Western too! All them pontils!

jays emporium

Reaction score
Brad,
I had a hard time sleeping last night, thinking about that bottle.
Do you think it is possible there could have been a bottle made embossed Galveston, R.T. or San Antonio, R.T.? I think if there was, one would have turned up by now but who knows.
Jay

texasdigger

Reaction score
This bottle has haunted me for years. I am truly sick that it is up for sell, and I can't buy it! I would think there could be other bottles embossed r.o.t., but who knows. I had a citrate from Galveston that I still kick myself for trading away that was from the early 1860's, and Agee has a tooth medicine from Galveston that is Hinge mold with a sheared rolled lip. Those two are the earliest non pontiled bottles I have seen. Early Texas stuff is beyond rare!

Brad

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter