Todays Dig

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

baltbottles

Reaction score
Dug a rectangular wood liner on a downtown construction site this evening. Got two nice Cole & Co. pottery bottles and an amber pontiled utility. And sadly a light green keach torpedo with the top missing. My digging partner got a rare pontiled medicine from Sing Sing Ny. a pontiled p. babb squat soda and a sapphire blue cole ten pin but sadly it was also missing its top. Over all it was a very productive little hole.

Chris

Yw67205.jpg

Attachments

• Yw67205.jpg
    Yw67205.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 91

IRISH

Reaction score
Nice early pit [:)] (1840s ?), are the Cole & Co stonies Beer, ginger beer or something else ? pity about the torp [&o] .
Good finds, well done.

baltbottles

Reaction score
HI Irish,

The one COLE & Co. Is marked BOSTON R. BEER on the shoulder in blue the other probably held mead or cider. And this pit got back to the 1830s on the very bottom but opened with 1880s stuff on the top. The torpedo and the stonies are late 1840s early 1850s cole was out of business in baltimore by 1851. We dug another pit next to this one today it was probably the first pit for the yard it dated from about 1780 to 1830 sadly everything in it was pretty well crushed up.

Chris

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Chris - Absolutely beautiful bottles!!! Hope you get a lot of digging in before things freeze over up there, which should only slow you down [:D]. I bet the ground around you, while holding and wiping off the Keach, was damp from tears falling. I know how you love and collect these. Keep the photos coming and take pics of your partners share when his back is turned [:)][:D][:)] so we can see everything that was dug.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28