What would you do? Bartee bottle Cordele GA

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

3emarketeers

Reaction score
I have an old Cordele GA Bartee Bottle on auction on ebay--that ends tomorrow night. It is currently selling at about $12 bucks. Someone just offered me $50.00 to end the auction early and sell it to him. I couldn't find any info about Bartee. Someone told me it was a local bottling company. Just want your opinions, would you end the auction early and sell it to him or just let the auction run its course. It has 7 watchers.
Thanks

Here's a link to the auction
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=012&item=220023748814

woody

Reaction score
Have the person who wants it bid $50, maximum bid on it and see what happens.
Why sell it for less than it might go on eBay.

annie44

Reaction score
I would let the auction run its course, to be fair to the other bidders/interested buyers. Most people are going to bid in the last few minutes. If he really wants it, he can put in a high bid and hope he wins.

3emarketeers

Reaction score
Thanks yall,
I knew you would all say the right thing. The owner of the bottle is out of town, so I could not ask him. His wife thought $50 was a good price, but I agreed with Annie44 that it was not fair to the other bidders/watchers. So she suggested that since we got so much info from all you here on this site--why not ask all yall. We decided to go with the majority out of the first 5 response. There were 3 posts here and I got 2 emails all in favor of continuing the auction. Thanks again!

annie44

Reaction score
Looks like you did pretty good - more than twice what you were offered to end the auction early!

ALBOTTLEDIGGER

Reaction score
That was great!!! Always wait it out!! If someone offers you an amout that normaly means that it is worth more!!! Good call everybody!!!

3emarketeers

Reaction score
whoo hoo $104.00 I just cant believe how much a bottle can go for. I am amazed to get more than $20.00 for a bottle I couldn't imagine some of the bottles you guys have worth thousands. Who knows maybe I'll get lucky and find a really rare one. It's really weird because when I was first given all these bottles to sell, I was thinking "they are just bottles, who cares" Now I find myself looking at them, carefully trying to clean them and even sometimes I think "wow, that's a really neat one, I'm gonna keep it" I have even moved some of my Disney items out of my store so I can put neat looking bottles on Display. Lord help me!

Thanks everyone for all the help you've given me!
Angela

cc6pack

Reaction score
Angela,

Beware once the bottle bug bites there is no known cure, I think that's why so many collect Cures[:D]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexTheBottleHunter