Hey Meteorologist Steve, What's up with the Weather?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Plumbata

Reaction score
So Steve, or anyone else who is enlightened regarding the strange weather we've had this winter, why has it been so darn warm, and what are the future implications?

Here in Central Illinois the ground hasn't yet frozen for the season, and no snow has accumulated. High of 47 today, and a high of 53 tomorrow. It's been unseasonably balmy for weeks, save a few days where the highs were a bit below freezing.

I'm not complaining about being able to maintain comfortable activity outdoors, but does this strange weather pattern bode ill for the spring and summer? The droughts and 100+ degree temps in the southwest were quite severe last year; is it related to the mild winter so-far, and will the droughts likely continue this year?

Perhaps the winter climate is just incredibly constipated, and soon the mounting pressure will blow-out in the form of a 3 day blizzard which drops 4 feet of snow and sub-zero temperatures over half the US. [:D]

One of my friends said that the weather has him in a weird mood lately; usually people here are somewhat snowbound and in hibernation-mode by now. Since it's been nice and people are still out-and-about he hasn't been able to withdraw and relax in peaceful solitude, with people constantly calling trying to hang-out or go bar-hopping and thus disrupting his yearly recharge-phase. I never thought about it this way, but I like his thinking. [:)]

WonGan

Reaction score
As I have stated before,it is our fore fathers spinning in their graves that has caused this global warming trend.[:D]This is the first year I know of that Maine hasn`t seen a good amount of snow at this time of year.This is also the "peak" year of the suns 11 year plasma discharge cycle.It will start to go the other way if we don`t fry each other first.Then again,Nuclear Winter would cool it off too... [&o]

Plumbata

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: WonGan

As I have stated before,it is our fore fathers spinning in their graves that has caused this global warming trend.[:D]

LOL yeah I remember that; what an excellently multifaceted quip, I love it! I thought it was a while ago though, did you get your name changed? Were you once Wangan?

I didn't know about the plasma discharge cycle. The pieces of the puzzle are coalescing...

carobran

Reaction score
Its just a warm winter,nothing to do with "global warming"[8|].Im still hoping for some snow this year though.[;)]

luckiest

Reaction score
This warm weather has nothing to do with warming.

Plumbata

Reaction score
This thread has nothing to do with anthropogenic global warming. That whole debate is political fluff and lacks good science on either side; the fact remains that climate changes on its own, always has and always will, and that dramatic changes can occur within a single generation with or without human influence, as has been scientifically documented.

I just want to know what in particular is going on. Is the gulf stream acting-up, are sea-currents changing course, or..?

carobran

Reaction score
I dont know,but its been in the 60s here.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I think it has something to do with the "la niña effect" ..at any rate, I'm happy as hell, so far this is the best winter ever!! [:)]

kungfufighter

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cyberdigger

I think it has something to do with the "la niña effect" ..at any rate, I'm happy as hell, so far this is the best winter ever!! [:)]

Me want SNOW!!!!!!!!

3C35EE86E79D4DAA99DF46E50D8BF4C9.jpg

Attachments

• 3C35EE86E79D4DAA99DF46E50D8BF4C9.jpg
    3C35EE86E79D4DAA99DF46E50D8BF4C9.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 64

cyberdigger

Reaction score
There's snow piles in our parking lot left over from last winter, come and get 'em.. [8D]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26