Hey Meteorologist Steve, What's up with the Weather?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

WonGan

Reaction score
I heard today that Alaska has gotten 18 feet worth of snow so far this year and one storm netted 42"! Cordova was mentioned and they are getting pounded pretty hard.

andy volkerts

Reaction score
The global warming and cooling has always been and will continue to be a natural part of the Earths history.Some people will use any excuse to make money on the fears of the masses,etc.I do think we are headed for a big change in the Earth.I also believe nothing we can do will stop it.Humanity cannot help but be humbled by the forces of nature.I never could stand egotists anyway.They are like coaches who say they won the game when in fact it was the team who really did the work.
[/quote]
[;)] Yeah We cannot stop it, and when we are elimanated from this earth by the unlivable results of weather change. the whole thing will start over again, hopefully not in my lifetime, I enjoy the bottles too much..........

WonGan

Reaction score
Ah,dont worry.For those who believe in the Bible,it says the meek shall inherit the Earth so somebody will be around.Wow,imagine a world without politicians!

capsoda

Reaction score
The meek can inherit the earth if they want to. I'd rather kick a little but and inherit the bottles and the Kingdom of Heaven. At least there won't be many politicians there.[8|]

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Sorry I missed this Stephen,

If you are a snow lover forget it this year except for a few areas....... Jeff where you are in Vermont you will begin to see a more normal winter pattern evolve over the next few weeks but your area too will average out above normal for the rest of the winter season.You will see more snow then the rest of us in Vermont,Upstate New York and New Hampshire and Maine.There will be more cold then warm for the remaining of the winter but you will still be 3 degrees above normal for the winter season.Until there is a large blocking ridge established in Greenland it will only be cold across Canada and the very northern United States border areas.This ridge shows no signs of establishing itself as it did in the last two winters and does in a traditional winter.

Very simply you need the clockwise flow of the high pressure ridge area in Greenland to stop the rapid west to east movement of cold air being manufactured in Canada to travel a more southerly route into the United States then an easterly one into Northern Eastern Atlantic Canada.This same high pressure system over Greenland also forces the warm air under it to rise above it making Greenland colder over time which actually spreads westward back into the Hudson Bay area of Canada because of the clockwise flow of air around all high pressure systems.

The colder areas on the planet are typically more dense and the cold air will sag over time. It is this sagging of an easterly flow of very cold polar air off the Greenland continent first westerly into Eastern Canada and then southerly into the Northeastern United States that brings winter into the United States twofold. At the same time because of the blocking of the jet stream's west to east movement,the jet stream will now buckle instead and will have aligned itself into what is known as an Omega block.The cold air will storm out of the Western prairies of Northern Canada down into the the Rockies.It will then turn up to a point near Missouri and then drop again from Indiana to the Carolina Piedmont and and turn and run parallel to the east coast just like it did the last two winters. None of these scenarios will play out this winter for any extended time.Have you noticed how windy it has been the last 5 months.This is very indicative of the constant battles between warm and cold air with no one side being able to sustain itself very long in any given area.

For the rest of the United States it will be above average for the remaining part of the winter. This latest round of cold and snow across the Midwest will be around for 3 days after that it warms again to above normal for days 6 to 10. A small cold front will usher in another round of cold near day 11 to the Northern and upper Midwest, a day later to the the Northeast and just glance the Mid-Atlantic area with a couple of colder days.It too will be short lived and a return to much above normal temperatures for an extended period into early February will be on tap for the majority of us here in the states.

There were signs that winter was going to make a comeback in the month of February but this too looks to be changing to a very stormy wet month instead particularly in Texas where they need the rain and you are going to get it and lots of it.One of the computer models I use shows Middle to Eastern Texas getting 10 to 12 inches of rain along with areas in Mississippi,Louisiana,Arkansas,Alabama and the Western panhandle of Florida.There will be two or three large storms starting in the gulf and run up west of the Appalachian mountains bringing rain not snow to most of us.The only measurable snow that will fall in February will be in Minnesota,Iowa,Wisconsin,Upper Michigan and the extreme Northern Northeastern areas of New England.

Compared to the last two winters this one is the total opposite again natures way of balancing things out.No need to blame global man made warming for any of this, the weather is very cyclic in nature and it is the sun more then any entity that determines and will continue to determine the earths climate.While we in the states are having an unusually warm winter comparatively places on the other side of the world ( western Russia, Mongolia and China ) are having a much colder winter.

March is going to be very tornadic in the Southeast and the area known as tornado alley will be much more active then normal. Usually if a warmer then normal winter occurs nature balances this out with a cooler spring.There is a good indication that this will happen this coming year a very wet cool spring is in store for most of us and a summer that will not really get started until late end of June this coming year.Cheers Steve

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
I forgot to post this,NASA needs to reel this guy in, talk to him and get him to concentrate on his strong points if he has any,like maybe the stars,the planets,comets,the heavens,but not the earths climate.Talk about a doomsday forecast, he should be defrocked as a scientist for stating some of the things he does in this video.This is the worst case of scare tactics I have ever seen used by a scientist.The oceans boiling in 100 years like on the planet Venus.Wow........................... He also says in this video (recently 700 million years ago),Wow can the term recent be applied to 700 million years ago even in comparative terms to the thought of Earths actual age................Its the sun that drives our climate, period, end of story.If you want to clean the atmosphere yes try to curb pollutants, but unless all of you are willing to give up just about every aspect of modern living including these computers we are communicating with then do not believe in or be scared into the myth of global warming any further by the movement and its greatest proponent Jim Hansen and his muppets [8D].This video is full of so many unproven scientific facts and fallacies, its unbelievable for a scientist to make these claims about a trace gas,here it is watch the other videos he has also when this one ends.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2012/01/12/quote-of-the-week-dr-james-hansen-of-nasa-giss-unhinged/#more-54673

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen