Hey Meteorologist Steve, What's up with the Weather?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

surfaceone

Reaction score
Sky%20falling%20on%20our%20heads.png

capsoda

Reaction score
Great pics. Reminds me of a ryme.

Birdy Birdy in the sky,
Why did you do that in my eye,
I will not pout,
I will not cry,
I sure am glad that cows don't fly.

It will be chile to day and hot tamale...

capsoda

Reaction score
I think la nina mostly affects the South West and Gulf of Mexico. When it does come, usually in the summer, the fishing is good and everyone blames it for everything so they can drink a lot of beer while they discuss it.[sm=lol.gif]

The solar flares will create an EMP (electro magnetic pulse) that will spaz out cell phones, radio and TV signals and satilite transmissions but only temporaraly. A lot of static and all that.

I can remember when I was about 7 it was very cold in March. I remember because it was to cold to shoot marbles because of frozen fingers. I also remember that when I was 16 we went swiming in the favorite hole on Christmas day. It supposedly happens about every 10 years.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: capsoda

I think la nina mostly affects the South West and Gulf of Mexico. When it does come, usually in the summer, the fishing is good and everyone blames it for everything so they can drink a lot of beer while they discuss it.[sm=lol.gif]

The solar flares will create an EMP (electro magnetic pulse) that will spaz out cell phones, radio and TV signals and satilite transmissions but only temporaraly. A lot of static and all that.

I can remember when I was about 7 it was very cold in March. I remember because it was to cold to shoot marbles because of frozen fingers. I also remember that when I was 16 we went swiming in the favorite hole on Christmas day. It supposedly happens about every 10 years.

this happens every 10 years also [8D]

267863AFA98F466CADD3812E9BF3AF38.jpg

Attachments

• 267863AFA98F466CADD3812E9BF3AF38.jpg
    267863AFA98F466CADD3812E9BF3AF38.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 68

towhead

Reaction score
Want sn** ? Go to Alaska! -Julie

1CC691A8A81044BB8764D4A0CD865360.jpg

Attachments

• 1CC691A8A81044BB8764D4A0CD865360.jpg
    1CC691A8A81044BB8764D4A0CD865360.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 67

tigue710

Reaction score
MY snowboard is still dusty so far this year... wtf! Tahoe hasnt had any snow yet... it sucks. Normal winters here are good digging weather excepting the rains, this year has been exceptional! It was too hot yesterday....

kungfufighter

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: old.s.bottles

ORIGINAL: kungfufighter

Me want SNOW!!!!!!!!

3C35EE86E79D4DAA99DF46E50D8BF4C9.jpg

You ski? I go up to vt quite often to go boarding, lets meet up some time it snows good. I usually go to killington.

Yep, get out as often as I can. I ski most days at MRG or in the backcountry but would be happy to meet up somewhere else. I do most of my skiing with Holly (that's her getting deep in Utah a few years ago) - it's one of our favorite pursuits.

epackage

Reaction score
found this...

"The jet stream has stayed unusually far north in Canada so far this winter. One reason is the so called Arctic Oscillation. It's been in a strong 'positive phase' this year which means stronger westerlies and Pacific air masses for Minnesota" instead of the colder air coming down from the Arctic.

WonGan

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Plumbata

ORIGINAL: WonGan

As I have stated before,it is our fore fathers spinning in their graves that has caused this global warming trend.[:D]

LOL yeah I remember that; what an excellently multifaceted quip, I love it! I thought it was a while ago though, did you get your name changed? Were you once Wangan?

I didn't know about the plasma discharge cycle. The pieces of the puzzle are coalescing...

Yes that was me Stephen.I was also Antiquenut at one time.I have had bad luck with computers.I like to use them but despise their existence and fear their capabilities.I probably would go to a shrink if I thought they held a practical job and could tell me more about myself than I already know.Then again,ignorance can be bliss.

Actually I think it is the sun spot cycle but plasma discharges occur in conjunction.The discharges only really bother the Earth if they are directed right at it.The last this time this happened the telegraph wires sparkled.It could also harm the ozone,but I dont think its any doomsday deal.I will laugh if it happens and all the satellites are shut down.The sky may literally fall and many techno chicken littles will be freaking out that they cant text anymore,... for just one thing.They have become way too dependent on such a fragile mode of communication and commerce.In no way is this the end of the world,just a bit simpler way of life maybe.

The global warming and cooling has always been and will continue to be a natural part of the Earths history.Some people will use any excuse to make money on the fears of the masses,etc.I do think we are headed for a big change in the Earth.I also believe nothing we can do will stop it.Humanity cannot help but be humbled by the forces of nature.I never could stand egotists anyway.They are like coaches who say they won the game when in fact it was the team who really did the work.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26