Hey Meteorologist Steve, What's up with the Weather?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RedGinger

Reaction score
I'm pleased with the warmer weather this Winter. I do like the idea of hibernating, though. Hey, I'll still hibernate if I want.[:D] Some would argue that the weather is being controlled by unseen forces[8|]

Solar flares are expected in 2012, according to NASA and possibly the Mayans. I'm not sure what implications this will have on the weather, but it would shut down pretty much everything. That is a scary thought.

RedGinger

Reaction score
From Here:

This is not to say that space weather can't affect our planet. The explosive heat of a solar flare can't make it all the way to our globe, but electromagnetic radiation and energetic particles certainly can. Solar flares can temporarily alter the upper atmosphere creating disruptions with signal transmission from, say, a GPS satellite to Earth causing it to be off by many yards. Another phenomenon produced by the sun could be even more disruptive. Known as a coronal mass ejection (CME), these solar explosions propel bursts of particles and electromagnetic fluctuations into Earth's atmosphere. Those fluctuations could induce electric fluctuations at ground level that could blow out transformers in power grids. The CME's particles can also collide with crucial electronics onboard a satellite and disrupt its systems.

In an increasingly technological world, where almost everyone relies on cell phones and GPS controls not just your in-car map system, but also airplane navigation and the extremely accurate clocks that govern financial transactions, space weather is a serious matter.

Poison_Us

Reaction score
Been in the 70 for a few days now. Had a few dips into the 30s on some nights, but days have been mostly mild. Some people down here call it cold, but most of the time, I'm in shorts, t-shirt and flip flops while most are all bundled up. You can pick the guy who moved from Green Bay in the crowd at the grocery store. [:D]

carobran

Reaction score
Yeah,i wear shorts,t-shirts,and CROCS all year long unless im hunting.Its fun to watch people expressions[8D]

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I wear long johns from October until May.. I detest the cold.. warm and muggy is good.. scraping ice off the car windows is bad..

carobran

Reaction score
You wouldnt be saying that if you were from Mississippi,I HATE warm and muggy.Cool and breezy is more like it.

andy volkerts

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cyberdigger

I think it has something to do with the "la niña effect" ..at any rate, I'm happy as hell, so far this is the best winter ever!! [:)]
[;)] Right on!! Its been about mid sixties for several weeks now. I love it!!!!!!

old.s.bottles

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: kungfufighter

Me want SNOW!!!!!!!!

3C35EE86E79D4DAA99DF46E50D8BF4C9.jpg

You ski? I go up to vt quite often to go boarding, lets meet up some time it snows good. I usually go to killington.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26