Whats your top Pet Peeves??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

dollarbill

Reaction score
People who complain that theres no good reason to have an AR15 and a 30 round mag When its very evident that the Coyotes need thinned out bad.Lets not forget the wild hogs too.
Bill

bostaurus

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: grizz44

Were you in a haunted place here or was it random?!?

In Old Cahawba (near Selma) in the 70's before it was a park! Great story on a southern ghost town if anybody wants to check it out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cahaba,_Alabama
The courthouse in Pickens County Courthouse in Alabama has a ghost apparently. You can see his face in the upstairs attic window, kind of like oil in a water puddle. They say the window has been replaced many times and the face comes back. I think there is a small can of oil and a paint brush sitting in the attic.

bostaurus

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: dollarbill

People who complain that theres no good reason to have an AR15 and a 30 round mag When its very evident that the Coyotes need thinned out bad.Lets not forget the wild hogs too.
Bill
Coyotes got all my geese a couple nights ago. From what I have read in the past part of the reason for the eastward spread of coyotes is the increase in the deer population, eradication of their predators (wolves, mountian lions,) and the fact that we leave easy snacks for them...garbage, cats, dachshunds.....and geese.

frozenmonkeyface

Reaction score
I knew about that one.

And this one:

Brice Hospital- http://bamarides.com/2010/02/exploring-alabama%E2%80%99s-abandoned-institution-for-the-insane/

It is suppose to be one of the most haunted places in Alabama. Its very dangerous to go there to "explore"
It is inhabited by homeless people and they try to scare people away.

There was talk of demolishing it but I don't know if they have or not.

sandchip

Reaction score
When you show someone a bottle and their first question is "What's it worth?" Maybe it's just me that I see a lot more in the glass than money. Not only is it annoying, but rude as hell, a bit personal, like asking "How much do you have in your checking account?" or "What's your Social Security number?" or "What's your wife's bust size?"

frozenmonkeyface

Reaction score
I have never asked someone what their bottle is worth but before I actually got into this, I would want to know what my bottles were worth. I feel silly about it now. haha.

Now I just want to know the history and how rare anything I come across is. I may sell some but I am not out to make money like I was to begin with, now its for fun and if I make a few bucks in the process then that's good too!!

=)

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I have never asked someone what their bottle is worth but before I actually got into this, I would want to know what my bottles were worth. I feel silly about it now
Everyone wants to know the value. If they say they don't care I think they're BS'ing. Some can form their own opinion, some ask as a side note. It's the "what's it worth" only that peeves me.
I think that may have been the reference.

frozenmonkeyface

Reaction score
well, I started off with bottles to sell b/c I found them at a yard sale. Once I got into researching and finding this forum I was hooked! There are so many amazing bottles out there!! I had NO IDEA!

Plumbata

Reaction score
Pet peeves eh?

Hippies. I can't speak for the older and greater generations who probably walked that path for higher-minded ideological reasons, but nowadays pretty much every single self-identified hippie I've come across is a halfway brain-dead loser with illogical beliefs and a life-plan that may seem harmonious and fulfilling through their particular lens, but all I see is a path littered with waypoints of self-indulgence and base hedonism that eventually leads them absolutely nowhere. They also tend to be just about the worst breed of idiotic liberals found on earth, and hearing their grandiose ideas built upon a foundation of little more than pot smoke and LSD makes me want to smack the stupid outta them vigorously.

Not too long ago I had the displeasure of being forced to converse with such a person (better than sitting in silence, I had thought), and this space-cadet gal was talking about all sorts of retarded stuff. The highlights included her informing me about some unnamed "crystal" found deep in the earth, that when powdered and added to polluted water (lake, ocean, etc) would get rid of all the contamination and render it perfectly fit and healthy. This girl also believes that she is 50% alien, and is somehow on a higher plane of awareness than the rest of us mere humans. As such, she freely admonished me when I told her that I don't believe the earth is hollow and the realm of aliens/subterranean hominids, with her saying "How can you be so arrogant to think there aren't people there!?" Yeah... And she wears tie-dye and various bohemian articles of clothing, has her hair in dreadlocks, listens to the Grateful Dead religiously, avoids employment or productive work, and consumes such a variety and quantity of potent drugs that the fact she can still feed herself is a small miracle. Ah yes, and I recall that to convey the seriousness of some stupid thing she was talking about, she "swore on the life of her son"; a toddler that she rarely sees and absolutely doesn't support because she is a worthless sack of lazy oozing garbage. She could have been responsible, apparently she got an inheritance of 55,000, but spent the vast majority on traveling to music fests and consuming about 1 gram of MDMA every day for almost a year. That is 8 times the quantity a non-addict would need. Only in a privileged and pampered place like the USA can large numbers of people live wasteful and unproductive lives subsidized by the rest of society and squirt out children for more responsible people to raise. Damn dirty hippies. [:mad:]

Hearing stupid people argue. Instead of arriving at constructive understanding or learning something new, arguments between stupid people tend to escalate up the scale of stupidity until emotions boil over and both participants go full-blown retard, with chunks of idiocy hurtling back and forth at alarming speed, thereby spraying all within earshot with a fine mist of stupid which is disgustingly palpable, and temporarily makes one acutely aware of the terrifying fact that the same kinds of people can be found in positions of power and leadership all around the world. Daydreams about utopian ideals are shattered when such people remind you that half the world possesses a 2-digit IQ.

Israel. Almost everything about the modern state of Israel and the way it interacts with the rest of the world aggravates me.

People regurgitating popular movie quotes back and forth as a substitute for substantive conversation. Since grade-school this has been a huge pet peeve. Talking about movies/tv shows and repeating lines doesn't interest me the slightest bit, and if that is all someone has to talk about then they are likely extremely conventional and boring people who aren't worth the time anyway. Come talk to me about big plans or intellectually stimulating facets of the universe. I really don't give a damn about what video game you're playing or what is going on in the pop culture world. Got far better things to concern myself with.

Histrionics.
Usually a trait found in females but certain males can be just as annoying. Crying, whining, screaming, excessive displays of emotion, flamboyant vocal and body language, tendency to overreact or panic, etc. To reduce it down a bit, it would be character traits or actions that demonstrate emotional irrationality and an inability to function in difficult situations. It is all extremely annoying, essentially to the point that I am functionally incapable of dealing with them. I approach problems people have with the sole goal in mind of finding a practical solution. I am not equipped to deal with their emotions, provide emotional support, or lend an ear to be filled with their irrelevant tales of woe and perceived hardship. Honestly, I really don't care. The problem and the solution are my only concerns.

When the histrionics are oriented more positively, and, say, someone decides to gush ad-infinitum about the unparalleled cuteness of a puppy or pair of shoes (think valley girl), when a great deal of time and sanity could be preserved by just saying "Cute puppy!" or "The shoes match well", I am repulsed just the same. I think that dramatic/histrionic people exhibit such a flamboyant exterior because on the inside there is nothing at all interesting or special about them.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TDF.1973