Here's your Secret Santa match-ups...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Road Dog

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: soda bottle

Received my secret Santa Saturday! I love the two Squats and the coin.

I don't know how you knew I collected coins, but that was very cool.

Your's should be on it's way. The post office said Monday or Tuesday.

Well enough with the talk. Here's the pics.. Thanks again Rory. Jake
DSCF0261.jpg
DSCF0259.jpg
DSCF0271.jpg

Glad you like them. Doesn't everyone collect coins?[:D] Have a Merry Christmas.

glass man

Reaction score
NINA GOT HER PRESENT FROM OLDIHTRACTOR [JOHN] AND I GOT MINE FROM IDIGJARS [PAUL] YESTERDAY AND WAS SO OVER WHELMED HAD TO WAIT TO WRITE ABOUT IT ALL!

NINA CAME HOME FROM TAKING MY COUSIN SHOPPING AND I WENT OUT TO MEET HER.

THERE WERE ONE BIG PACKAGE ON TOP OF ANOTHER ONE ON THE PORCH!!THEY WERE HEAVEY!! I OPENED MINE FIRST AND PAUL HAD SENT BOTTLE AFTER BOTTLE AND A BIG BAG OF MARBLES AND A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS CARD!

INK AFTER INK THAT WOULD HAVE MADE BROTHER BILL [DOLLAR BILL] JEOLOUS!..TWO SMALL POISONS!..A GLEEMING BIXBY BOTTLE...AN AMBER CHEMICAL BOTTLE!...LIKE I SAID A BIG OLE BAG OF MARBLES...NINA JUST STARED AND I HAD A BIG GRIN ON MY FACE! LAST ..BUT NO WAY LEAST PAUL SENT ME AN OP SHAKER FLUID EXTRACT VALERIAN BOTTLE!

I NEVER HAD ONE OF THESE EVEN WHEN I COLLECTED ONLY PAT. MEDS 1974-1980! I ALWAYS WANTED ONE!

PAUL WENT WAY OVERBOARD...BUT PAUL I AM SO VERY THANKFUL TO YOU!

I THANK YOU LOBES FOR STARTING THIS LAST YEAR AND YOU CHARLIE MAN FOR DOING IT THIS YEAR! WHAT A WONDERFUL THING!

MORE THEN ALL THIS I THANK THE LORD HE CAME DOWN HERE FOR US AND IS THE GREATEST GIFT EVER...I ALSO THANK THE LORD FOR ALL THE WONDERFUL PEOPLE ON HERE..I AM ALWAYS AMAZED AT THE KINDNESS OF YOU ALL..YALL PUT ME TO SHAME..I LOVE YOU ALL!

I WILL LET NINA TELL ABOUT ALL SHE GOT AND HOW SHE BRAGGED THAT NOW SHE HAD SOME BOTTLES BETTER THEN MINE![:D] IT WAS DOUBLEY GREAT FOR HER AS TOMORROW IS HER BIRTHDAY! MERRY CHRISTMAS...THANKS TO PAUL MINE SURE IS!! I THANK YOU BROTHER!!

bottle_head9

Reaction score
Sam, (athometoo), your package went out last Thursday.Should reach Texas by mid week.Merry Christmas!!.[:D]

Angelpeace

Reaction score
I've been so overwhelmed by the kindness of Oldihtractor (John) that it's taken me a while to be able to come on here and say just how I feel. Jamie has always been the primary bottle collector in this family and if it weren't for him I never would have developed an appreciation for the hobby at all. Over the years I've tried to help him with his collection, but my own collection was very small and consisted mostly of a few Holy Water bottles that I've grown to love very much. However, when I got home yesterday and saw the two big boxes sitting on our front porch, I was overwhelmed with excitment. Last year, I let Jamie participate in this event, but I chose to sit it out. This year I really wanted to participate, even though I didn't have much of a collection to choose from. Jamie told me he would give me a bottle to send, but I wanted to send something that really meant something to me, even though I knew it wouldn't be something really great. As I watched Jamie open his package, my eyes filled with tears at the generosity shown to him. Then it was my turn.
First I opened the smaller package in the box, a beautiful minature olive colored whiskey. It was so beautiful. Next package was a gorgeous aqua pint Mason jar, embossed "Mason's Patent Nov 30 1858". The bottom is embossed Moore Bros Glass Co Clayton NJ 6. Next out of the box was an outstanding green blob top bottle embossed Philada Glassworks Burgin & Sons. Jamie recently had to sell all his blob tops so this one is truly special to us both. Next out of the box was an incredible huge case gin, olive green in color and so beautiful that I immediately got up and removed Jamie's puney case gin from it's place of importance and replaced it with my wonderful bottle. Last, but most definately not least, was a clear bottle embossed "Dr. J Kauffman's Angeline Internal Rheumatism Cure Hamilton Ohio". Jamie immediately went to his "Collecting All Cures" by Bill Agee book to look it up. He used to collect cures and he told me that this one is listed as excellent in that book. It wouldn't have mattered to me if it didn't even show up in the book. These gifts have truly blessed me and helped me to find the Christmas spirit that I struggle to find every year. As Jamie stated earlier, tomorrow is my birthday, and this comes close to being as good as the last birthday I spent with my dad before he was killed in a car wreck in 1962. Thank you so much for your kindness and rest assured that soon I'll be posting pictures of all the bottles we both received. We have been richly blessed by getting to know all of you on this forum. It's like Jamie always tells me, "You'll never meet any better people that bottle collectors." You all have proved that to me. Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus and he lives at the Antique Bottle Forum. Now I have some better bottles that Jamie.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
It's really great to see all of come to fruition.. I am very proud of all of you!! I'm so glad I stumbled upon this place.. this is an excellent group of good souls..[:)]

I really want all of us to consider Lobeycat as the father of this concept and the inspiration for this year's exchange.. Lobes, my friend.. you're a living legend around here! I hope you'll keep finding time to stop in and grace us with your unique form of eloquence!!

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
It's really great to see all of come to fruition.. I am very proud of all of you!! I'm so glad I stumbled upon this place.. this is an excellent group of good souls..

I really want all of us to consider Lobeycat as the father of this concept and the inspiration for this year's exchange

I second both of those sentiments. Thank you Lobey and Charlie and everyone else for making this place what it is.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
squirrelman