It official the B-word Blizzard is coming again!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Sorry to not include you Charlie as it looked like it was snowing here earlier in the evening but it was virga.
I thought it was the same with you as the atmosphere has to saturate a little before the snow starts to reach the ground.
Here is a picture of my garage roof look at the 8 inch facia board with an equal amount of snow just over top of it.
Notice I have yet to remove the Icycle Christmas lights from my roof as the weather and my work schedule have not
permitted me to do so.As Jeff Foxworthy says you know you are a redneck when you trip over your Christmas lights looking
for Easter eggs!![:D][:D][:D]Thats me this year I might just leave em up there till next Cridmiss

B9AB0F854A074B2AAD2A642AAD3570C4.jpg

Attachments

• B9AB0F854A074B2AAD2A642AAD3570C4.jpg
    B9AB0F854A074B2AAD2A642AAD3570C4.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 58

PrivyCheese

Reaction score
The place you all are referring to.....where its gonna hit?....well you found it....I am twelve miles east of Baltimore. For all of you who have attenended the Baltimore Bottle show.....I live about a mile away from that venue.

We got hammered with about 30 inces...A few days later we are forcasted for about 20 more. <amy people with out electric and the roads are still a mess from the last storm. In some parts of the country this is normal....not here.

The record total snow accumilation for one year in the Baltimore and surrounding areas is 63.8 inches Before this storm we were at 60.2.....With 20 inches and winter with no end in site..... we will smash that record. This record is since they started recording such things. Global warming seemed to skip right over Maryland.

Now, with the Baltimore show a little more then three weeks away I am starting to get a little nervous...Funni thing is....in three weeks....the way the weather is here, It could be 75 degrees with flowers bluming.

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Balto same here, we are at 71 inches for the season with tonights storm included.
By the way we are at 11 inches as of right now12 O clock and it is snowing at over an inch an hour.
We could conceivably have 16 to eighteen inches on the ground based on the radar returns I am looking at by 7 O clock in the morning.

Check this story out from one of my favorite mets Henry Metermaddness
He is saying the NAM the (Noth American computer Model) is calling for Maryland to Southern New England to get absolutley crushed by heavy wind driven snow.

http://www.accuweather.com/mt-news-blogs.asp?partner=accuweather&blog=Meteomadness&pgurl=/mtweb/content/Meteomadness/archives/2010/02/quick_update_before_bed_and_and_early_start.asp

Lordbud

Reaction score
We got some rain night before last, clear as a bell this morning. 45 degrees outside. Personally I was hoping for some more rain but the barometer's rising...we really only have two seasons here in the Bay Area: Wet Season and Dry Season... [8|]

PrivyCheese

Reaction score
Just caught the mid day news....We could get another 4 or 5 on monday-tuesday....UGGGGGGGGG! I have a hundred foot driveway, I tried to go out and get snome shoveling done. Had to give up. The winds are just to much.

cobaltbot

Reaction score
We are getting pounded here on the Mason Dixon Line. The snow on the front porch roof is starting to reach up into the icicles hanging down from the attic roof! Can't tell from this pic but the wind is gusting and drifting snow like crazy. Doesn't make any sense to go out till its done doing what its going to do.

D20BD22A87764B5D8437C1CE2DFEEAB6.jpg

Attachments

• D20BD22A87764B5D8437C1CE2DFEEAB6.jpg
    D20BD22A87764B5D8437C1CE2DFEEAB6.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 58

potstone

Reaction score
Just got in a little while ago from clearing snow. My garden tractor
has a snow blade on it and it was useless with the depth of snow.
I have 50 lb weights on each rear tire and tire chains. The tractor
just sat there with the wheels spinning. My 40 year old snow blower
saved the day but it beat the heck out of me. I thought I was
going to have a heart attack. Once I got the level of snow down
the tractor was able to clear the rest. All I can say is I'm getting
to old for this crap.

Dugout

Reaction score
My sister lives in Maryland and she sent pictures. Her big dog looks little trying to jump around in her yard. But she said he's having fun. Probably be lots of broken tree limbs too. Everybody out there *Hang in There*. My winter hasn't been much fun either. We had 19* below zero Wednesday morning. Well, we should be able to tell the Grandkids about it someday. That is if the earthquakes don't swallow us up.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Well, I've got a dilemma on my hands.. the parking lot of our apartment complex was not cleaned up today, so parking is at an absolute premium.. I spent an hour and a half excavating my car this morning, as well as helping other people get unstuck, went to work, came home around 3 PM and thank God my space was still there! BUT.. I have to run out and pick my wife up from work in a while, I'll be gone all of 10 minutes, but when I get back and find another car in MY space... ooohhh.. horrible things are gonna happen!!! [:D]

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28