pulled my post off?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

haelix

Reaction score
I think we got away from the question.
What is it? , and is it worth anything?,ever saw one of there?
its a chunk of brass, and never harmed anyone, It is collectable by the people who collect them and some have never saw such a thing, It brings up negative feelings in some and brings back memories in others.
Personally I Like to believe in the first amendment giving everyone the freedom of speech , not just the ones I agree with, In America you CAN be a racist or not, you can hate or love who you want with out being put to death by the government for doing so.
GOD bless America , and the people who dig for bottles

coreya

Reaction score
just a quick thought, why not remove the ones causing the problem and leave the rest? Punish the majority because of the minority gee sounds like congress!!

CanYaDigIt

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: haelix

In America you CAN be a racist or not, you can hate or love who you want with out being put to death by the government for doing so.

Sad but true. I'd gladly knock off every last racist piece of crap I came across. With a smile on my face. I'd make a freakin holiday out of it. Even Albert Einstein said that racism and pejudice will be the downfall of mankind. I'm pretty sure he was no dummy.

just a quick thought, why not remove the ones causing the problem and leave the rest? Punish the majority because of the minority gee sounds like congress!!

Like I said first. Most likely taking steps to prevent problems. But why remove the whole post? Because Admin or a moderator wanted to, that's why, period. No need to make a big fuss about it. If you want a forum that allows garbage just because "Hey, it's our first amendment right" then by all means create one, moderate one, and pay for one. Otherwise, reread the agreement we ALL agreed to when we joined and quit acting like dummies.

PS: Anyone else seen that movie Capitalism: A Love Story by Michael Moore? Great flick. Yep, I'm one of those bozos.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Hey People,
I believe in free speech. There is a time and a place for everything, though. This is probably not the best place to argue about racial inequities. This is a bottle forum. When people talk about racism, some people are going to get understandably upset. If that forces the Admin to pull a post, it is a reflection of our failure to be civil with each other - not a symbol that Admin does not believe in free speech. It's up to us. If we discuss the artifact and ease up on the rhetoric against members who don't agree with us, posts will stay posted. God Bless America.

woody

Reaction score
It's OK to agree to disagree with each other as long as it's in a civil manner.
When it comes to the point of where there is disrespect/conflict with another forum member then the moderator will function as he/she is supposed to.
To resolve conflict as to not create animosity between each other.
We can all try to get along with each other and respect each others opinion, whether or not it agrees with yours.
But, when it gets to a boiling point and it translates into nothing but a pissing match, then, that is where I will come into play as referee.

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
[/quote]

Sad but true. I'd gladly knock off every last racist piece of crap I came across. With a smile on my face. I'd make a freakin holiday out of it.

Nothing makes you feel quite as good as imposing your values on others.

Dabeel

Reaction score
Baltimore to Oakland/San Francisco, now San Diego
It's OK to agree to disagree with each other as long as it's in a civil manner.
When it comes to the point of where there is disrespect/conflict with another forum member then the moderator will function as he/she is supposed to.
To resolve conflict as to not create animosity between each other.
We can all try to get along with each other and respect each others opinion, whether or not it agrees with yours.
But, when it gets to a boiling point and it translates into nothing but a ****ing match, then, that is where I will come into play as referee.

Woody

I think Woody is a great moderator as he so accurately described his role above.
Good job Woody!

Doug

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26