pulled my post off?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CanYaDigIt

Reaction score
Nothing makes you feel quite as good as imposing your values on others.

I hardly think stating my opinion or position is in any way imposing. I personally HATE racism, with the utmost intensity. Is that a bad thing? Can't we all just get along?

It's not like I'd really kill someone for their beliefs, or destroy their culture. Wait, did you just compare me to the Taliban? That's not cool man.

glass man

Reaction score
I RESPONDED TO THE POST AND TOLD OF THE HISTORY OF THE KKK AND HOW THEY GOT THEIR 2ND WIND IN 1915,WHICH DATE WAS ON THE OBJECT IN QUESTION.

IT STARTED UP AGAIN AT STONE MOUNTAIN GEORGIA,1915 WITH A HUGE BONFIRE AND A BURNING OF A CROSS.

THESE ITEMS BOTHER ME,JUST A PERSONAL THING AND I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH OTHERS COLLECTING THINGS LIKE THIS.

THE THING IS FOR ME THE KKK AND THE NAZIS WERE BOTH ALIKE IN THEY ONLY BELIEVED IN ONE RACE AND WANTED TO STAMP ALL OTHERS OUT.HATE IS BEHIND IT.

MY DAD FOUGHT IN WW2 AGAINST THIS AND WAS WOUNDED.ALSO HE SAW HIS FRIENDS GETTING KILLED ALL AROUND HIM BY THE NAZIS.

THAT IS WHY SUCH OBJECTS BOTHER ME PERSONALLY,I DO NOT SAY DESTROY THEM,IN FACT THEY COULD BE USED AS TEACHING TOOLS TO EXPLAIN THE HATE BEHIND THEM,THAT WAS ALL THERE WAS TO MY PART:IT IS JUST A PERSONAL THING WITH ME.

I ALSO HAVE PROBLEMS WITH ITEMS DUG OUT OF NATIVE AMERICAN GRAVES.KNEW A GUY THAT DID IT,HE WAS A GOOD FRIEND,BUT I WANTED NO PART OF HIS COLLECTION WHEN HE SOLD IT,EVEN THOUGH THERE WERE UNBELIEVEABLE BOWLS ,SPEAR HEADS,ON AND ON. ONE OF THE BIGGEST AND BEST COLLECTIONS OWNED BY AN INDIVIDUAL I HAVE EVER SEEN! JAMIE

DiggerBryan

Reaction score
As Jamie said the KKK didn't start out as a racist hate group. Read up on your history. History is history. It's in the past. I guess I don't understand why someone would want to destroy history intentionally....? Then again us bottle diggers are destroying history right?

epackage

Reaction score
Don't blame Woody or any other Admin's, I am the person who asked that it be pulled due to some objectional stuff written halfway thru the post by another member. Your original post had nothing to do with it and I enjoy history good or bad and I was enjoying the pic's and the story behind the badge itself. That being said there is a time and a place, in my personal opinion, for some of the stuff that followed and I was extremely insulted by what was written by another member. I am sorry the whole post was tossed and not just the objectional material, a sensible discussion by sensible people should always be welcome and I look forward to any other posts you have about the badge and it's origins.....
Jim

morbious_fod

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: CanYaDigIt

ORIGINAL: haelix

In America you CAN be a racist or not, you can hate or love who you want with out being put to death by the government for doing so.

Sad but true. I'd gladly knock off every last racist piece of crap I came across. With a smile on my face. I'd make a freakin holiday out of it. Even Albert Einstein said that racism and pejudice will be the downfall of mankind. I'm pretty sure he was no dummy.

just a quick thought, why not remove the ones causing the problem and leave the rest? Punish the majority because of the minority gee sounds like congress!!

Like I said first. Most likely taking steps to prevent problems. But why remove the whole post? Because Admin or a moderator wanted to, that's why, period. No need to make a big fuss about it. If you want a forum that allows garbage just because "Hey, it's our first amendment right" then by all means create one, moderate one, and pay for one. Otherwise, reread the agreement we ALL agreed to when we joined and quit acting like dummies.

PS: Anyone else seen that movie Capitalism: A Love Story by Michael Moore? Great flick. Yep, I'm one of those bozos.

In this country we have a right to our opinions no matter how backward or idiotic they may seem to others. Anytime we seek to silence those who hold opinions that we don't happen to agree with or like then we become the monsters that we want to vanquish. If their opinions are full of hatred then that's fine, you can't punish someone for hating, if we could then we would all be locked up because we all have someone we hate. As Marilyn Manson said it best, "everyone is someone elses N-word", freak that he may be, he is right. Everyone hates someone, and everyone is hated, it's human nature. Thank the Maker that in this country we at least pay lip service to respecting the right for someone have an unpopular opinion. Unfortunately political correctness goons, who think they have the God given right to dictate what others say and think, have gained too much sway in this country. People have the right in a free society to be a bigoted racist moron, and I will fight and die for their right to do so; however, when they act violently upon that opinion that's when I will step in. You are not guaranteed the right to not be offended. If we don't stand up for the right for others to their opinions, no matter how wrong they may be, then we don't deserve the right to our own opinions. Freedom of Speech isn't there to protect accepted speech, it is there to protect controversial or un-accepted speech.

We can learn to tolerate each other; however, we can't stop people from being racist idiots on all sides. KKK, Nazis, Taliban, Communists, Political Correctness, history is replete with morons who only want one thing, and that's to destroy or oppress that which they don't agree with or outright hate. Yet I don't think that the suppression of certain portions of our history, in order to appeal to the tastes of those who would much rather whitewash history instead of learn from it, is the logical way to approach those events, people, or actions, that keep seeping through the white wash as black splotches. Destroying or suppressing artifacts from those organizations or periods is doubly illogical, because if future generations aren't able to see the physical proof that these events existed, then they will tend to forget them and the lessons we learned from them, and history will repeat itself. Infamy attracts interest, that is why Confederate Battle Flags, Jolly Rogers, and Nazi flags are such great sellers, humans by are very nature are attracted to that which polite society deems too offensive or dangerous. The same goes for the artifacts from these groups as well.

If the post was getting out of hand then I agree with the actions of the administrators, this is their house after all and those who are allowed to come here must respect that fact.

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
Aaron ya just can't run around and say things like you did and not be imposing. I think it was the word "destroy" that got me. Ya might not like some things, so learn how to deal w/ em.

What would ya do w/ these?

Racist, me? No, I just don't suffer "White Guilt"

282BD482C984447A9B809AAD064EC7FD.jpg

Attachments

• 282BD482C984447A9B809AAD064EC7FD.jpg
    282BD482C984447A9B809AAD064EC7FD.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 70

OsiaBoyce

Reaction score
Lame, I'd agree, plus I'd say someone here is a li or just has a hard time remembering the truth.

Musta been the NYT article .[;)][;)][;)][;)][;)][;)][;)]
Being bested by me must be getting old.[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

I hate playing nice, but I can do it w/ no name calling.

glass man

Reaction score
I WANT TO SAY I AIN'T "GOODY GOODY" CAUSE I KNOW WHAT A SOME O BITNCH I CAN BE! [HELL ASK NINA!] BUT I CAN SAY I HATE NO ONE! SO FAR AND THAT IS PRETTY COOL SINSE I AM 56. COURSE I TRY TO HANG WITH COOL PEACEFUL PEOPLE THAT HELPS.
I HAVE BEEN IN SITUATIONS WHERE I ENDED UP WITH A KILLER OR TWO WHILE I WAS DRUNK. GEEZ,GOT ALONG WITH THEM LIKE THEY WERE MY LONG LOST....? DON'T GET THAT WAY ARE IN THOSE SITUATIONS NO MORE.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I just hate people, period. You'd never know it though.. [;)]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26