So, what is your Personality Type?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

BillinMo

Reaction score
Whoops! I just fixed it.

So whose idea was it to have the birthday as Day-Month-Year in the profiles?? It confuses slow-witted people like me.

RedGinger

Reaction score
Probably Roger. As Charlie said, they do it the reverse way across the pond.

The day and month is what I meant.[:D]

Plumbata

Reaction score
Thanks again to all who have participated!

So far we have 17 I's and 1 E:
5 ISTJ (10-14% of the population)
3 ISFJ (9-14%)
3 INTP (1-5%)
2 INFJ (1-3%)
2 INTJ (1-4% My dad is one too and he collects bottles but is not currently included)
1 INFP (1-5%)
1 ISFP (5-10%)
and...
1 ENTJ (2-5%)

I knew someone here had to be an E [:D]! So Steve, I can't really help with your slew of phobias but it may be an aspect of your less developed extraverted sensing and introverted feeling, helped along by your resolute judgmentality. It is indeed all in your head, but since every aspect of our conscious and subconscious earthly existence resides in our heads as well, I'd imagine it can be hard to control sometimes. I've got agoraphobia, if that makes you feel any better (always gotta have exit strategies planned and I really don't like crowds).

With your extreme interest in studying old glass, rooting out errors in fact, and what seems like almost a self-imposed duty to share your well-organized discoveries with other collectors, you fit the profile rather well:

They live in a world of possibilities where they see all sorts challenges to be surmounted, and they want to be the ones responsible for surmounting them. They have a drive for leadership, which is well-served by their quickness to grasp complexities, their ability to absorb a large amount of impersonal information, and their quick and decisive judgments.

They are constantly scanning their environment for potential problems which they can turn into solutions. They generally see things from a long-range perspective, and are usually successful at identifying plans to turn problems around

There is not much room for error in the world of the ENTJ. They dislike to see mistakes repeated, and have no patience with inefficiency.

Also, your love of discussion, which can then turn into arguments (and then unfortunate temporary banning) seems to be a hallmark of your type. I seem to recall both of us arguing about the pros/cons of Monsanto and various environmental issues a while back, lol [:D].

[quote]they are not naturally tuned in to people's feelings, and more than likely don't believe that they should tailor their judgments in consideration for people's feelings[/quote]

Ideally I'd like around 40 results before starting a more in-depth ana-lysis of this data, but the trend seems pretty clear. Somewhere it states that Extraverted types are generally interested in "breadth" and Introverted types in "depth" so collecting generally useless old stuff (collections not influenced by sports, pop culture, fads, music, etc., anyway) seems to be almost entirely the domain of the Is.

This info could be of use when setting up at shows/markets and during interaction with potential customers, so it isn't just curiosity for the sake of curiosity because the results can be used in some practical applications.

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
[:)]Bout the only thing it didnt say Stephen ,...... was that they tend to be gay.HAHA[:D]For the record I wear mens clothes try to go to Church as often as possible,love sports in general except Soccer or as I reffer to as foot fairy ball.[:'(][:'(]Indoor soccer is OK a little more action.[:)]I cut my own grass,my house is neat inside,I repair my own cars when possible.I have all the tools the neighbors always need to borrow,I love my wife and think she is the most beautifull 48 year old woman on the planet[;)][;)][;)],I hate tailgaters at football games who have made the pregame time bigger then the game itself (most never played a down of organized football in their lives but they are experts)!!I despise the excepted verbage intrusian into our vocabulary of the word SUCKS to define something we dislike.I have worked in schools and have heard 24 year old female teachers use it as an adjective in class.[:mad:] I absolutley loathe while dining at the Olive Garden restaurant when they bring that lousy fresh pepper grinder to the table and they ask everyone including Children of 5 years of age would they like some.Then less then a minute later the cheese grinder[:mad:][:mad:]I hate Deli wannabes and the Subway chain for ruining Italian hoagies (subs) [:mad:][:mad:]when it used to be so easy to order one they didnt ask you if you wanted mayo,mustard or relish or ketchup or any other substance its a frickin italian hoagie[:mad:][:mad:][:mad:] Here is what should be on it.Start with a nice Italian roll with poppey seeds,next lather it with just olive oil,some salt and lots of pepper,oregano,next sharp provolone grated cheese,next prosciutto,next Capicola,then Genoa salami,very little lettuce,raw onions,tomatoes and you have to have hot peppers on it.Thats an italian sub not the crap all over the good ole USof A they are telling you is Italian.[:mad:][:mad:] If a member here at the antique-bottles forum wants to try one Ill buy it and mail it to you to see what you are missing out on.I hate traffic jams and wish people in all states could follow the rational natural law of traffic flow.Forget the speed limits they dont work.Here is how traffic could flow much bettter if people followed the stinkin unwritten rules. Left lane75 to ? Middle lane 68 to 75 Right lane 70 to 60 Got it Ok lets move on.Next on my peeve list is a Dennis Learys peeve and thats coffee.Who the hell made it so difficult to get a regular guy cup of coffee.How many hate this you are at the convienance store and you have purchased eight items although small in size 8 ITEMS!!!After paying, the clerk asks you would you like a bag?
You answer No Iam going to juggle the stinkin things to the car thank you.[:mad:][:mad:]Next I want to buy gas so damn bad from an English speaking person Ill pay 10 cents more a gallon to do so!![:mad:]Remember when growing up you had a fight with your best friend and I mean fight as in punches thrown!![:mad:][:mad:][&:][:'(][;)][:D]
Then an hour later you were knocking on his door to see if he still was coming out to play in the big pickup baseball game!! [:D]We didnt worry about guns or knives you beat the hell out of each other and an hour later everything was cool!! Someone actually won the game too!![:mad:][:mad:] THERE WERE LOSERS IT'S PART OF LIFE.I also love my glass collection.

Yah I might be an ENTJ - Extraverted Intuitive Thinking Judging ................But I am damn proud of it Just call me BIG E!![:mad:][&:][>:][>:][:(][;)][:D]

I have none of the phobias listed above a total spoof on my part a play on words.Most of you wouldnt like my way of fixing the mambi pambi phobias I listed.

baltbottles

Reaction score
Well sorry to burst your bubble Steve but I am also an ENTJ according to the posted test. It must be something about people that like colonial glass lol

Chris

RedGinger

Reaction score
Wow, that's quite an autobiography, Steve. The only thing I would change is mentioning your wife's age. She may not have a problem with that, though. Sure, I'd love one of those Italian subs, but I think it might be a little soggy by the time it got here. I don't like the Olive Garden, period. I'm with ya on that one. What's with the wheels on the chairs?? I should have just wheeled myself on out of there last time. As for the coffee, Joe makes the worst coffee ever, so when Fred stops by, I give him some of mine. That's okay, because Joe admits it and to each his own. Have you tried the new Folgers (or is it Maxwell House, I forget?), South Pacific Blend? I love it! Well, that's all I can think of now.

SAbottles

Reaction score
Wow, Steve; I loved it !!!! What a pity Monty Python aren't still going, they would sign you up in a flash !! Our problem here is that a large part of our population worship anything "American" and do their best to copy much of what you have just blasted to the skies!!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alatide