Glassworks refuses refund!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Hallelujah! I wonder what effected the change of heart? Great news.
m6.gif
Joe

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: bottle_head9

Got a reply from Glassworks this morning, SEND IT BACK!!! in bold letters.Bottle is going back this afternoon.I learned a valuable lesson about auctions in this matter.Don`t be late on your payment!! Period!! Thank you all for your help with this problem.. Tom
Hi BH, I wrote them this morning and made them aware of this forum and this particular post, I know Jim was well aware of the site but I felt since I didn't speak up before hand I kind of owed it to you to say something to him. I don't know for sure if my e-mail helped but I'm just happy they changed their minds over there......Best of luck.....Jim

RedGinger

Reaction score
I'm sure that's a relief! I'm glad it worked out for you!

bottle_head9

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Mike O

OK, so maybe I am going to be putting my foot in my mouth and cause a stirr. but why does the buyer NOT hold any responsibility? I agree that the damage was under described BUT as a buyer if I were interested in an item and it listed any flaw at all I would call or email and ask for condition report more pictures or at least a better explanation of the issue. 2nd is that the auction house does expect items to be paid for at the end of the auction. They in this case let the buyer do some sort of a lay away and not pay for it all at once and I am sure that was at 0% interests and the auction house paid the consignee out of his pocket before being paid himself. The buyer took over 30 days to pay and unfortunately let the warranty or return time pass.

I feel bad for the winner as I do feel he didn't get what he expected BUT he, as we all do need to take some responsibility ourselves too 
[/quote]
Mike O, I bought that bottle fully expecting damage.I didn`t think I needed to see any more pictures.I know the difference between roughness and a crack and a chip.If you read all the posts, you will see that I basically admitted defeat because I was late with my payments.I don`t think that was the issue.The issue is he sold me a bottle that was cracked and chipped.Neither of those issues were in his description.As a fellow collector i asked him to handle my case on an individual basis and look at the damage.I also told him that I would pay all return shipping and that I would fully expect him to take $20.00 or $30.00 off for a late fee.WHy should I be responsible for a bottle thats value has dropped 2/3rds by no fault of my own.The seller admitted to me that they missed the damage.Do you really think I`m totally to blame here?Between shipping, insurance, delivery confirmation and the late fee I offered, I`m sure I`ll be out close to $50.00 bucks.I`m greatful just to be able and return the bottle at this point.I feel I`m taking my share of responsibility in this matter.

Mike O

Reaction score
No, I do not think you are totally at fault at all. But we as buyers have to watch out for ourselves as well. I tried to right what I did using terms like buyer and seller instead of bottle_head9 and Glassworks because I feel this issue happens more then most of us know. One of the first high end flasks I bought was from Heritage auctions in TX. I paid $9000.00 after the juice and shipping. It also had listed some issues "made in manufacturing" I never thought more about it and when I got it as a new guy I honestly didn't know any better, I just sold that bottle in the last Heclker auction and it realized only $4500.00 because he described the issues properly. So now I ask ask ask ! It is the same with color what is yellow olive to me could be olive amber to you. So my point was just since they did say it had roughness it should raise a flag to ask more questions and get a better understanding as to what the issue is. again my post was in no way an attack on you but meant more as a learning lesson for everyone and hopefully with seeing that Glassworx changed there mind it is a learning lesson for them as well.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I salute Glass Works for making the moral choice rather than the fiscal one. I hope it improves thier karma and benefits them in the long run.
An effort to better inspect items for sale would be appreciated, no one likes surprises when thier bottles arrive.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
I'm glad it worked out better Bottle-head and I retract my lifetime ban on glassworks auctions.

herenthere

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. One of the most reliable auctioneers I've come across is Jeff at American Bottle Auct. GLA.

bottle_head9

Reaction score
Glassworks refunded my money for the bottle.I recieved the check today.I think it only fair to let everbody know they did refund the total amount.I think the members here helped greatly.Thank you for your support.I also would encourage anyone who may have similar problems to use this forum for guidance, support, and constructive criticism.I think your emails helped me in this matter.Thanks, Tom

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler