Glassworks refuses refund!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottle_head9

Reaction score
Thanks for the support everyone.The bottom line is I paid for the bottle and it is damaged.Whether he paid his cosignor or not isn`t the point.He admitted he made a mistake in the listing.He told me that.He should dig into his own pocket and refund my money.He can relist it with the proper description and sell it for what it`s really worth.Why should I have to suffer for his mistake?I though people used auction houses for a little bit of protection from this exact kind of stuff.I`m gonna bump this thread for a few days until the anger subsides.So please bear with me when you see it four or five days in a row.

RedGinger

Reaction score
One would think a place like Glassworks would have the money to refund you and then some, Tom. I don't care how big or small a business is, if it's mine, the goal is to make the customer happy. The goal isn't for all intents and purposes, to steal it. It may be small consolation, but at least you know everyone here is behind you on this matter.

earlyglass

Reaction score
Everyone get pissed off at Glassworks... so I can buy more! :)

Bottlehead, I do feel your pain and was actually in your position about 10 years ago, my flask was in the $1200 range and I was late with my payment. Jim DOES accept returns (for basically any reason) however, after 30 days and consignors are paid, the auction is closed. I know this is no excuse, and reputations are at stake... however, everyone should learn from this. You only have leverage (with most, if not all auction houses) within a typical 30 day window. Some auction houses will not even entertain the notion of a return.

I do hope you get your refund.

Mike

bottle_head9

Reaction score
He`s got the money.I`m a nobody in his eyes.I take too long to pay and buy low end bottles from him.I might buy one $200.00 bottle from him every other auction.He would rather lose me as a customer than lose the profit he made off of a missrepresented bottle.I wouldn`t want to return the bottle if it had been described accurately.He described the bottle wrong.Thanks for your support Lauren.

earlyglass

Reaction score
Tom, Put your damaged bottle in the American Bottle Auctions... I just watched a Bryants Stomach Bitters with a completely blown out base bring over $40,000!!

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
I had a similar dealing with them on glass that had damage that was not properly divulged.
It seems occasionally they have large lots of great bottles with damage varying from very slight
to cracks like a Texas road map.I would think they have dealt with some of the pickiest purchasers in our hobby
and your issue is there for the world to see and should not have been missed or missrepresented.

There own rules bind them more legally then you are to the purchase.

GLASSWORKS RETURN POLICY

2. Guarantee: Any item found to be inaccurately described or, having damage not listed, may be returned for a refund, less shipping costs, within 30 days of the auction closing date. After 30 days no refund will be given for any reason. Also, any manufacturer flaw that, in our opinion, does not significantly detract monetarily from the value of the item being sold will not be considered for refund.

If they are going to hang their hat on the flaw in your ink as happening in manufacturing their case is very weak at best.Did they state in the description a small chip and two cracks eminating from it formed in the manufacture of the bottle.If they did you bought it case closed. If no mention of the two cracks seen in the picture and no loose glass found in the packaging the bottle was sent knowingly with the damage in the hopes the buyer was not to concerned about the condition then a full refund is in order no if's and's or but's about it

The only thing I see in their favor is the 30 day from the close of the auction.Did you wait to pay for the item or did you not receive the invoice for a week
leaving you just 22 days for you to pay for the item and then for them to ship and for you to receive the ink.Their gaurentee should not kick in untill the product is received by the buyer.I feel for you and its good you have shared your misfortune with us.Are there any lawyer members that would help in this matter who would work on contingancy fee only?

Lastly if 279.00 dollars is going to break their bank then they wont be around much more anyway as maybe the economic climate has hit them hard.
Its ashamed for everyone as nothing good can come from this in its current state.Good luck, I hope they come to their senses and at least offer you a hundred off the item just for shear diplomacy

Clam

Reaction score
How can they just "miss" that damage ? Not fair at all.... Don't think I will put the bottles I was considering in his aution. I feel bad for you over this it is very bad buiness practice.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
I'm sorry that this happened to you bottle-head. Thanks for your warning to others, though. Glassworks lost a potential customer in me because I WILL NOT buy from them.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75