Glassworks refuses refund!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottle_head9

Reaction score
Just recieved a message from Jim at Glassworks.He is refussing to refund my money.He said it`s unfortunate that they missed the damage, but even more unfortunate that they already paid the consighnor and there is no money for a refund.So I paid $279.00 for a $100.00 cracked bottle.I even suggested credit toward a future auction.Nope..Real nice people there.Guess I`m cancelling my subscription to his magazine too_One more picture of the tiny in manufacturing roughness.

07E5DF0528AF4B20833DC4B8CD876408.jpg

Attachments

• 07E5DF0528AF4B20833DC4B8CD876408.jpg
    07E5DF0528AF4B20833DC4B8CD876408.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 75

epackage

Reaction score
Didn't want to say anything in your first post but I have heard this many many times from buyers there, truth seems to be that Jim is an A-hole when it comes to returns and I would never buy from them again.....IMHO.....what a shame, the guy just seems like a real jerk with returns....

madpaddla

Reaction score
Its just terrible. In this day of a great hobby, sales are modest and in this case demand top dollar. To receive a bottle with that amount of damage and no refund is sad. I often watch their auctions and was going to be buying some items in the future. This will sour if not disgruntle my opinion of purchasing there in the future. At least on ebay the buyer has more rights than the buyer from an actual Glass Auction. Makes ya think.[8|]
Maybe they will have second thoughts. Thanks for sharing this.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Wow, that amazes me, even after my dealings with them. I've never heard of a major bottle dealer not standing by thier sales. Definately something to consider when future auctions come around.

bottle_head9

Reaction score
I`m so fu#*$#% pissed off right now! My wife said, you just can`t trust people.I said, but it`s an auction house.He`s the guy who owns that magazine I get.I swear I`m ready to jump on a bus to Pennsylvania tonight!At least with Ebay you can file a claim.I`m honestly thinking about going to the post office and saying it happened in transit.Maybe it did.There is an insurance tag, although it may only be insured for $50.00.I know thats not right either.Two wrongs don`t make a right.Why should the post office pay for his screwup.I`ll calm down by tomorrow.Buyers beware of Glassworks!!!!

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Someone that knows Jim personally should take a few moments and advise him of the irrepairable damage he is doing his business reputation by not going the distance for his customers. ABN is the place everyone goes for info. Right now there are 681 active users....When I started typing there were 721....That's alot of potential bottle buyers! Me,....I'd be falling all over myself, trying to make it right. Word of mouth is great for business, ...but also, negative word of mouth is crippling. I remember Gunth's lip chip issue,....and now this, (I'll also remember.) Tom,...I'm feelin' your pain and probably some righteous frustration and anger. Sorry to hear that this was their stance, You paid for what you thought you were getting,....What a way to turn a happy experience into a farce. I'll never trade w/ him.....
m7.gif
Joe

bottle_head9

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: GuntherHess

Wow, that amazes me, even after my dealings with them. I've never heard of a major bottle dealer not standing by thier sales. Definately something to consider when future auctions come around.
You know Gunther, I remember exactly the bottle you bought and the damage it had.It was a cobalt bottle with a tall neck.It had a lip chip.You were pretty upset about it.I should have remembered your experience.The bottle you won as described as mint I believe.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Correct. But I was at least offered the option to return mine (even if I had to eat postage both ways).
Your situation as you describe it is much worse. I am stunned really.

I am deleting the link to that company off my website.
In the past I have recommended them to a lot of people selling high end bottles :(

crozet86

Reaction score
I agree 100% with Joe. With all the serious collector's who visit this site daily and weekly that have bought from Jim and planto in the future this thread will make alot of them leary. I am sure it will put a dent in his future sales and hopefully it will change his policy on refunds.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raybrdn